Fox News Ticker

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Beauty has a name


And its name is: Rainmeter. A dear, dear cousin of mine turned me on to Rainmeter some while ago, and though I played around with it at the time, I didn't realize what all it can do. Here is my current desktop configuration, using Rainmeter, and her cousin Rainlendar (which took me forever to figure out was a portmanteau of Rainmeter and calendar). The ever-so-sexy application dock that looks similar to a Mac is a program called RocketDock.
Although you can't tell here, the ocean tide also breaks in a moving desktop sort of way, so the combined configuration takes a total of 40% CPU processing power on my little old Compaq laptop. It's pretty, but I don't know how long I will be able to sustain it. I guess beauty never lasts...

2 comments:

Jason said...

Hello, Jason!

You have me to thank by proxy for learning of Rainmeter and Rocketdock, that is if the cousin you speak of has the initials of E.T...

Great looking desktop shot. Here's link to a pic of my current work desktop.

http://egoinflux.com/post/1054879922/heres-a-screenshot-of-my-current-work-desktop-i

Later

Ethan The Geek said...

Jason, meet Jason. You two will hit it off and get along splendidly.